We work with and process data about individuals across the world. To operate our business, we may send your personal data outside of your state, province, country or residence within the European Union (EU
) and European Economic Area (EEA
) or other regions of the world such as the UK, Canada or the United States of America.
If you are in the EEA, the transfer of personal data between member states is considered safe under applicable data protection laws.
Additionally, other countries have been recognised by the European Commission as offering adequate levels of data protection. The full list can be consulted here
. In other words, transfers to the country in question will be afforded the same treatment as if transferred between EEA member states. For example, when we send your personal data to Canada it is protected under Canadian law, which the European Commission has determined will adequately protect your data.
Your data may also be sent to other Therme regional business locations and to service providers who may be located in other regions. This data may be subject to the laws of the countries where it is transferred.
We may transfer your personal data to third countries or international organisations that don’t provide adequate levels of data protection according to the European Commission (or, if you are in the UK, the ICO’s requirements). In this situation, we shall take appropriate steps to protect your data, and make available to you effective legal remedies for protecting and exercising your rights.
In such context, we will ensure that your data will be protected by contractual commitments at least equivalent to the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission (SCCs
), or if you are in the UK, by way of an international data transfer agreement (IDTA
) or relevant IDTA addendum to the SCCs, as the case may be.
Where we cannot find other appropriate safeguards, we will transfer data to these destinations only under the following conditions:
• We ask for your prior consent, after informing you of possible risks;
• We transfer the data only at your request for the performance of a contract or the application of necessary pre-contractual measures in relation to us;
• The transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in your interest between us and another natural or legal person;
• The transfer is necessary for important reasons of public interest;
• The transfer is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a right in court;
• The transfer is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of others when you are not in a physical or legal capacity to express your consent; and
• Other situations stipulated by law.